Skip To Main Content

About Us

About the Adult Education Program

Kershaw County Adult Education (KCAE) offers several levels of classes to prepare students to enter post-secondary training and educational opportunities as well as direct entry to employment or enlistment into the US Armed Services. Our staff of dedicated professionals teach the essential skills necessary to successfully obtain the High School Equivalency Diploma (commonly referred to as the GED). We also offer the ability to earn a SC High School Diploma through Virtual SC for qualified students. KCAE works with Core Partners to provide access to funding for Integrated Education Training in partnership with Central Carolina Technical College. Through this initiative students can increase their skills and earn certifications in in-demand employment opportunities, such as Manufacturing (OSHA/Forklift), Welding, Nursing and more. Lastly, we are the only provider of the WIN test (Career Readiness Certificate) and WIN instruction in Kershaw County.  We serve students who desire to attain the next level of education that will enable them to achieve their career and employment goals.

Frequently Asked Questions


Where are you located?
WTC Campus, behind Fatz at I-20 and Hwy 521.  70 Innovation Way, Camden, SC  29020

How many locations do you have for classes?
Currently, the only location is at WTC, but we hope to expand, budget allowing, to a sight in Lugoff in the near future.  

How do I sign up for the GED test?
Anyone can register online through the testing site at However, we would encourage interested parties to contact us and learn about our course offerings and how to obtain testing for free. 

How can your program help me get a GED?
We pre-test all students to gain knowledge about the students’ math and reading abilities relative to the GED test. We schedule classes according to the scoring level on the test. We offer 7 weeks of instruction on the student’s level and then offer a post-test so students will be able to see growth in learning. We continue this service until the student achieves a test score needed for GED passage. We also offer official GED practice tests so students know what to expect.  We then help them get signed up to take the GED.

Can I get a high school diploma from your program?
We analyze all high school transcripts to determine if a student needs less than 4 credit hours to obtain a diploma.  If the student needs courses offered by the Virtual School, we offer assistance in signing up for the courses.

Will the GED test be offered on-line any time soon?
The GED test is offered in a computer-based format, but students must come into an approved testing center to complete the test.  There are no acceptable on-line GED tests.

How do I register for classes?
Students must first take a TABE test.  All the TABE testing dates are listed on this site.  If there are any questions, call the office at 425-8980.

Does WTC or Adult Education offer classes for adults outside of GED/Diploma?
At this time, no vocational/skills classes are offered for adults.  Some high school age students may be eligible to participate in vocational/skills classes, but they must be enrolled in GED/Diploma classes if not regular school attendees. 

How do I obtain a Win/WorkKeys Career Readiness certificate?
This year, SC offers the WIN Career Readiness Certificate.  Adult education does offer classes and testing for the WIN Certificate.  Students would follow the same TABE testing dates as GED students.  If students want to take the test without classes, that is an option as well.  All students must call the office to pre-register and arrange payment prior to testing.